The Daily Online Go-To Guide For Fashion & Style!

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

EMM's Fashion Night Out NYC 2010 Soho Experience


BTW I went to Fashion Night Out NYC in Soho last night and it was a complete mess. I saw only about 10% of the people actually shopping and a lot of the stores including LV were closed by like 9pm. Ralph Lauren stopped letting people in after the Janelle Monae performance so no shopping for me. I stopped in Michael Kors to buy a few of the FNO T-shirts and just to get help in there was like pulling teeth so no FNO T-shirts for me or my friends. Marc Jacobs packed, BBC packed, Prada packed so altogether it was an unenjoyable experience. Last year was so much fun I guess because only a certain amount of people were hip to it. I passed by the Meatpacking District and that looked like the place the place to be. I saw a performance by Robin Thicke at Hugo Boss while sitting in traffic so that was pretty entertaining. That was probably the highlight of the night. I saw quite a few nicely put together ensembles by the women but the men not so much. I saw the guys from StreetEtiquette.com and they definitely know how to put an outfit together. I dig their style. I praise Anna Wintour for using her power in order to help the economy and it's a ground-breaking idea. I, on the other hand, am not going to Soho next year. I'll be uptown or the meatpacking district! I hope your experience last night was better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment